Inuvika’s OVD is an open source application virtualization platform. It delivers your Windows and Linux based apps on a single seamless user interface to any device, anywhere and on any operating system. OVD is simple to deploy and has an easy to use admin console. It supports any LDAP compliant directory and any hypervisor. An OVD solution is less than half the total cost of alternative VDI’s such as Citrix and VMware.
Secure centralized delivery of apps and shared desktops. Enterprise Gateway delivers SSL encryption with transparent firewall traversal.
Easy to implement and support. No perpetual licenses, 100% OPEX based subscription plans. Designed for performance and scale.
Open source and an open architecture that delivers and application to any device, anywhere.
Any application – Windows and Linux apps can be published and accessed by any device. Portal Mode publishes app connections from any web or intranet page. Session roaming allows users to transfer active sessions from one device to another without logging out. Session recovery provides auto reconnection in case of network interrupts.
Seamless integration – With the use of the native client for Windows, Linux and Mac, published apps can be dynamic integrated into the desktop of the client device. App icons can be pushed to the desktop and start menu. Apps are presented seamlessly, windows can be resized, minimized and maximized just as if they were installed and running locally.
Hosted desktop – Windows and Linux session based virtual desktops can be published to any device. Kiosk Model allows secure locked down desktop capability.
Any device – Connect to apps and desktops from anywhere with, Windows, Linux, Mac, iOS and Android devices. Zero client (i.e. no client side install) connection can be made from any device with an HTML5 compliant browser.
Compatible – Microsoft RDP compatible display protocol delivering apps to any RDP enabled device. Deploy on any hypervisor and directory independent. Amazon’s EC2 virtualization infrastructure ready. Extensive language and key map support, SSO-ready through API.
A comprehensive web console delivers a unified interface for configuration and monitoring servers, data connections, users, applications, and application software licenses. The console allows for various levels of delegated administration rights. Applications publishing is made easy with a wizard driven interface.
- Detailed monitoring, logging and reporting of application servers
- Easy to customize load-balancing of Applications Servers
- System alerts via email for out-of-office monitoring
- Global session configuration via console or by user group or specific user policies
- Domain integration with Windows Active Directory, LDAP and Novell
- Application publishing of auto-detected and manually defined applications
- Console can be integrated into other management frameworks for automation via API
- Authentication mechanism can be built-in, LDAP, AD, SAML or CAS
SOFTWARE ASSET MANAGEMENT
The Software License Management component can used to manage and monitor application software licenses so that license needs and license compliance requirements can be assessed determined. User license allocation integrated into the Application Publication mechanism avoiding manual license allocation.
- Asset Management – System Administrators can manage data related to the software licenses for a software application.
- License Allocation – Automatic allocation of a license to a user who is authorized to access the application.
- Application and License Usage – Collection and reporting of usage data.